This chilli pepper chicken is one of our family's go-to stir fry dish. Spicy, sweet and savoury all packed together. You can make this dish by just adding the chicken mince, chopped vegetables and simple stir fry sauces, you can easily find at your pantry.
Don't miss my viewers' favourite Chilli Pepper Beef recipe, if you want to try out with beef mince.
This dish is dry stir fry dish, a bit different from other type of saucy stir fries. It doesn't have much sauce in it, but the chicken and vegetables are so juicy and flavour. Serve over a simple steamed rice and make it a fast meal. It goes well with stir fry noodles too. Place the noodle or rice in the bowl, topped with large scoop of chilli pepper chicken, chopped fresh spring onions and extra chilli oil.
If I can't think of anything to cook for dinner, I usually make this dish. One of my family favourite recipe and its cooked quite regular in our dinner rotation.
I love stir fries and make it nearly everyday at our home. Here is the few stir fry recipes on my website that my friends and viewers loves :
What Goes In The Dish :
- Protein : I use chicken thigh mince for this recipe. Thigh mince has more fat percentage than chicken breast and its ideal for this kind of stir fry dish. You can use any type of mince meat like, lamb, beef, turkey or prawns. For vegetarians options you can use firm tofu (crumbled) and substitute oyster sauce with mushroom sauce.
- Vegetables : Bell peppers, sweet onion and spring onions are perfect for this recipe. You can add any of your favourite extra stir fry vegetables cut in small dices. Adjust the bird eye chilli amount according to your taste.
- Seasonings : You need only 2 simple sauces to season this dish, oyster sauce and light soy sauce. I add a bit of dark soy sauce for the colour, salt and pepper for taste. You can leave out dark soy and salt or reduce it to your preference.
How To Make Chilli Pepper Chicken :
Frist of all add sesame oil and light soy sauce in the chicken mince. Mix well and marinate for 15 mins. (I used chicken thigh mince in this recipe.)
To prepare the stir fry vegetables, finely chop the garlic cloves, cut spring onions and bird eye chillies into thin slices. Cut bell pepper and sweet onion into small dices.
Heat the pan, drizzle two tablespoon of oil, add the chopped garlic and stir for few seconds. Then add chopped onions and stir for 1 min.
Add the minced chicken, stir fry with high heat for 1-2 min.
Pour the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce in. Stir well with medium high heat for 1 min.
Add bell pepper, bird eye chillies and spring onions. Stir fry with high heat for 1- 2 mins. Its important to stir fry with high heat to evaporate the liquid from the sauces evaporate quick. You can add any extra stir fry vegetables, cut in small cubes.
Sprinkle fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste. Delicious Chilli Pepper Chicken is ready. Serve immediately! Enjoy!
- 200 g Minced Chicken
- 2-3 Spring onions
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2-3 Bird eye chillies
- ½ Large sweet onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste Optional ( You can add or exclude salt according to your taste )
Marinate for Chicken
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Mix the chicken mince with sesame oil and light soy sauce and marinate for 15 mins.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves, cut spring onions and bird eye chillies into thin slices, cut pepper and sweet onion into small dices.
- Heat the pan, drizzle oil and add the chopped garlic and stir for few seconds then add the onions and stir for 1 min.
- Add the minced chicken and stir till the chicken slightly colour changed, then add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster. Stir well with medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, bird eye chillies and spring onions. Stir for 1- 2 mins, then sprinkle black pepper and salt to taste. ( You can add or exclude salt according to your taste. )
- Delicious Chilli Pepper Chicken is ready! Serve with a hot steamed rice!