Very quick and easy stir fry noodles recipe that you can prepare in less then 30 mins. One noodle dish packed with juicy tender chicken, broccoli, simple stir fry sauce and a kick of chilli. This is a one pan noodle dish and you need very few ingredients but is tastier and healthier than takeout.
If you love broccoli and haven’t try this dish, highly recommend to try at your home. Perfect for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner and every family member loves!
- Noodles: I usually like make this noodle with fresh egg noodles, but you can use any dry egg noodles or wheat noodles for this recipe. Udon noodles goes well with chicken and broccoli too.
- Vegetables: Broccoli head, tender stem broccoli or Chinese broccoli (Kai-lan) can be used in this stir fry but you can also add any extra vegetables such as carrot, baby corn, sweet onion, etc. I added one red chilli for a bit of spicy flavour, if you do not like chilli, you can omit it.
- Protein: I chose chicken breast for this recipe. This dish can be made with chicken thigh, beef, prawns or any of your choice of protein . If you would like to go this dish beef, I recommend to use tender steak cut, such as rump, sirloin, tenderloin or rib eye.
- Sauce: Stir fry sauce for this dish is very light and simple. Oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice/white vinegar and sesame oil are mixed together to make this delicious savoury sauce. This is the most simple and easy, basic sauce formula that you can use in most of your stir fry noodle dishes.
How to make Chicken Broccoli Noodles:
First of all, cut the chicken into thin slices. In a mixing bowl, add chicken slices and marinade ingredients, mix well and marinate for 15-20 mins.
If you want to use beef for this recipe, choose tender steak cut and marinate with same ingredients for at least 20-30 mins.
Prepare the vegetables by cut the garlic, onion and chillies into thin slices. Cut tender stem broccoli into 2″ pieces, slice the stem part into half length ways. I’ve chose tender stem broccoli in this recipe because it is quicker to cook than typical broccoli but you can use typical broccoli head too.
In a small mixing bowl, combine stir fry sauce ingredients, mix well and set aside.
In a large pan or wok, heat 1-2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, add garlic and stir for few seconds then place the marinated chicken slices. Stir fry for about 2 mins until cook through.
Add onion and tender stem broccoli and saute for 2-3 mins until the broccoli is tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
In a same pan, drizzle a teaspoon of oil, add the noodles and pour the stir fry sauce in. Stir fry for 1 min then add chilli slices, chicken and broccoli back in. Stir well to combine all ingredients evenly and continue cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Transfer to serving plate. You can topped with extra spring onion slices or toasted sesame seeds. Delicious Chicken Broccoli Noodles is ready! Enjoy!
If you like chicken broccoli noodles, I recommend to try out my very popular Stir Fry Beef and Broccoli recipe.
More stir fry noodles you might like :
- Beef & Noodles Stir Fry
- Rice Noodle Stir-Fry (Chicken Chow Fun)
- Stir Fried Udon Noodle ( Yaki Udon )
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Hoisin Beef Noodle
What dishes to serve along? I recommend following dishes as a starter or sides.
- Crispy Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- Salt and Pepper Prawns
- Crispy Fried Wonton
- Tom Yum Soup
- Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef
Chicken and Broccoli Noodles
- 200 g Boneless chicken thigh/breast
- 100 g Tenderstem broccoli or broccoli heads
- 200 g Egg or wheat noodle Fresh or boiled
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ Sweet onion
- 1 Red chilli optional
- 2-3 tbsp Oil vegetable, peanut, sunflower or canola
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice/White vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Corn/potato flour(starch)
- ¼ tsp White pepper powder
- First, cut the chicken into thin slices. In a mixing bowl add chicken slices and marinade ingredients, mix well and marinate for 15-20 mins.
- First of all, prepare the vegetables by cut the garlic, onion and chillies into thin slices. Cut tenderstem broccoli into 2" pieces, cut the stem part into half lengthways .
- In a small mixing bowl, combine stir fry sauce ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, heat 1-2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, add garlic and stir for few seconds then place the marinated chicken slices. Stir fry for about 2 mins until cook through.
- Add onion and tenderstem broccoli and saute for 2-3 mins until the broccoli is tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a same pan, drizzle a teaspoon of oil, add the noodles and pour the stir fry sauce in. Stir fry for 1 min, then add chilli slices, chicken and broccoli back in. Combine all ingredients and continue cook for another 1-2 minutes. °
- Transfer to serving plate. You can topped with extra spring onion slices or toasted sesame seeds.
- Delicious Chicken Broccoli Noodles is ready! Enjoy!
- Fresh egg noodles can be added straight to pan/wok. If you use dry egg noodles, boil the noodles by the packet instructions. Make sure not to cook the noodles very soft, over boiled noodles in stir fry can make the dish mushy and starchy texture. To prevent the noodles from overcooked, after boiling in hot water, rinse with cold running water and drain the water out. Drizzle a bit of sesame/vegetable oil over the noodles, mix well , so the noodles do not stick to one another.
- Marinating the chicken slices with baking soda and corn starch(flour) is called velveting. That is the secret technique of the Chinese restaurants’s succulent stir fry meat. This method is widely used in Oriental/Chinese cooking and it locks the meat moisture and keeps the meat juicy and tender when you stir fry it on high heat.
- I used large non-stick wok for most of my stir fry noodles. You can use any large wok, pan or skillets. Make sure to prepare all the ingredients and sauce before stir fry and cook the dish with high heat to medium-high heat about 350° to 400° F.
- If you like your broccoli soft, you can blanch in boiling water for 1-2 mins before you add in your stir fry. If you like crisp vegetables you can add straight to wok and cook until the texture you prefer.