Chilli pepper beef ( ground beef ) is a stir fry minced beef with peppers, onions and simple homemade sauce. Spicy, sweet and savoury flavour all packed together. Its super delicious and so quick to prepare just in 20 mins. Serve with a bowl of steamed rice and make a delicious dinner meal!
This recipe is my Asian-style stir fry beef mince with loads of vegetables and Asian stir fry sauce. This dish is one of our family’s favourite go-to stir fry dish and my fussy little boy even boy loves it. ( You can make for kids without bird eye chilli. ) You will definitely love this chilli beef stir-fry recipe and you will astonished by how quick and easy to make it.
This dish is a fantastic combination of moist tender beef mince, sweet onion, crisp bell peppers, spring onions and spicy bird eye chillies. And the savoury sauce brings the umami result. You can customize this dish by adding any stir fry vegetables cut in cubes. This recipe goes well with chicken/turkey mince too.
I love cooking with minced meat because it is a very versatile protein and you can make many different dishes with your own creation. Here is a more of our family’s favourite mince meat recipes you might like:
– Mongolian Ground Beef ( Another quick and delicious one-pan ground beef recipe)
– Asian Meatballs Two Ways ( Fried chicken meatballs and meatballs in tomato curry )
– Chilli Pepper Chicken ( ground chicken stir fry with peppers )
What goes in the dish
Beef : I usually make with lean cut or less fat minced beef for this recipe. You can swap any mince meat of your choice. If you want to use beef slices, choose the tender meat cut and slice the meat thinly against from grain.
Vegetables : Onions, bell peppers, spring onions are ideal for this recipe but you can add any of your favourite stir fry vegetables cut in small cubes. You can omit bird eye chilli, if you can’t eat much spice.
Stir Fry Sauce: You can make the sauce with the regular stir fry sauce ingredients, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil for perfect harmony umami taste.
Can you make this stir fry dish a bit more saucy? This is one of the frequently ask questions. As this dish is a dry stir fry dish, you can serve over rice without much sauce in it. The meat is moist, juicy and packed with flavour. However if you wish to have it with more sauce, you can mix half teaspoon of corn starch and half cup of chicken stock or water in a bowl and pour it in, then add the oyster sauce and soy sauces in.
How to serve this dish
My mom used to prepare school lunch box with this dish with salad and greens on the side. My friends loved this dish so much that I always had to request my mom to make extra for them. You can simply serve over steamed rice and add some cucumber slices, stir fry greens or salads and make it a delicious rice bowl.
How To Make Chilli Pepper Beef ( Ground Beef )
First marinate the beef mince with sesame oil, ginger chopped, light soy sauce for at least 15 mins. I’ve used lean cut beef mince in this recipe.
Finely chop the garlic cloves, cut spring onions and bird eye chillies into thin slices, cut pepper and sweet onion into small dices. I’ve used bird eye chilli in this recipe for spicy flavour. If you cannot find bird eye chilli, you can add any fresh chilli available.
Heat the pan to medium high heat, drizzle oil and add the chopped garlic and stir for few seconds then add the onions and stir for 1 min.
Add the marinated beef and stir till the beef slightly colour changed, then add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir well with medium high heat until all the beef liquid are absorbed.
Add bell pepper, bird eye chillies and spring onions. Stir for 1- 2 mins, pour 1 tsp sesame oil, then sprinkle a bit of black pepper and salt to taste(optional).
This dish goes well with steamed rice, don’t forget to cook rice before you start cooking your beef. I personally like to serve with Thai jasmine rice. Serve immediately! Enjoy!
This recipe goes well with chicken/turkey mince too. You can check out my chilli pepper chicken recipe in following link.
More of my delicious stir fry beef recipes
- Cumin Beef Stir Fry ( Stir fry tender beef slices with cumin flavour )
- Pepper Steak Stir Fry ( Chinese-style pepper beef steak stir fry )
- Mongolian Beef ( Super delicious American-Chinese beef stir fry )
- Beef and Broccoli ( Classic homemade Chinese beef and broccoli stir fry )
- Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef ( Easy chilli beef recipe )
Watch My Video How To Make It
Chilli Pepper Beef
- 400 g Minced Beef
- ½ Large Sweet Onion
- 3-4 Spring Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 3-4 Bird eye chillies
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste optional
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Marinate for Beef
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Mix the beef mince with sesame oil, ginger chopped, light soy sauce and marinate for 15 mins.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves, cut spring onions and bird eye chillies into thin slices, cut pepper and sweet onion into small dices.
- Heat the pan to medium high heat , drizzle two tablespoon of oil and add the chopped garlic and stir for few seconds then add the onions and stir for 1 min.
- Add the marinated beef and stir till the beef slightly colour changed, then add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir well with medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, bird eye chillies and spring onions. Stir for 1- 2 mins, pour 1 tsp sesame oil, then sprinkle a bit of black pepper and salt to taste(optional).
- Delicious Chilli Pepper Beef is ready! Serve with a hot steamed rice!
- You can use any part of cut of ground beef for this recipe. Suggest to use lean cut or less fat ground beef.
- If you don’t like spicy you can exclude the bird eye chillies.
- This dish goes well with steamed rice, don’t forget to cook rice before you start cooking your beef. I personally like to eat with Thai jasmine rice.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please leave a comment and give rating! I would love to see your creations, tag me on social medias and follow me on social medias Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for latest updates.