This simply delicious garlic fragranced fried rice is extremely quick and easy to make. You can serve along with other dishes or simply tasty on its own. Perfect as a quick lunch or a light dinner.
I love making fried rice as it is a one-pan dish and all kids and adults enjoy. More of our family favourite fried rice are Chicken Fried Rice, Basil Fried Rice and Chicken Fried Rice. If you haven’t try fried rice at home, I highly recommend to try one of our recipe. You will find it more tastier and easier than you have imagined!
How to Make Perfect Garlic Fried Rice :
- Leftover Rice : Use day old leftover cooked rice to make fried rice. A day old rice is drier and harder than fresh cooked rice, it won’t become mushy when you stir fry it. If you want to make with fresh cook rice, spread the rice on the tray and let it chilled for few hours before you add in your stir fry.
- Which Rice is Best to Make Fried Rice? I love to use Jasmine rice but any medium or long grain rice goes well for this recipe.
- Eggs : To make the fluffy egg, beat the eggs first in a bowl and fry it in a pan with 1-2 tablespoon of oil and push it one side to add the rice. I use only egg in this recipe to make it simple, you can add extra chicken, sausage or prawns.
- Crispy Garlic : To make the crispy garlic flakes, slice the garlic into same thickness and fry until crispy light brown. I add 5-6 cloves of garlic as I like the garlicky flavour. You can adjust garlic amount according to your taste. Strain the garlic flakes out from the pan and use the reaming oil to continue frying egg and rice.
- Seasonings : I add light soy sauce, oyster sauce, fresh ground black pepper, sesame oil and some salt to taste to achieve the umami flavourful garlic fried rice.
- Oil: Recommend to use neutral or mild flavoured oil to make fried rice. Peanut, canola, sunflower, grapeseed or vegetable oil.
Step by Step Photo Instructions:
First of all cut garlic and spring onions into thin slices.
Heat pan and stir fry the garlic till light golden brown with 1- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Strain the garlic flakes from pan and set aside.
Break the eggs and whisk it well. In the same pan, add another 1 to 2 tablespoon oil in the pan and fry the eggs then push one side of the pan.
Add the rice into the pan and add soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine all ingredients evenly. Stir fry for few seconds with medium high heat.
Then add the spring onions, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Stir fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle the fried garlic and spring onions on top. Flavourful garlic fried rice is ready to enjoy !
To make a wholesome family banquet dinner, you can pair this dish with :
Garlic fried rice recipe video
- 1 Large bowl Cooked Rice
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- 1 tsp Salt Add less or more salt according to your taste
- 1 Tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- Cut garlic and spring onions into thin slices.
- Heat pan and stir fry the garlic till light golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Break the eggs and whisk it well. Add 2 tablespoon oil in the pan and fry the eggs then push one side of the pan.
- Add the rice into the pan and add soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper, mix all together well. Stir for few seconds with medium high heat.
- Then spring onions, salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Stir fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle the fried garlic and spring onions on top.
- Flavourful garlic egg fried rice is ready! Enjoy!