Rice Noodle Stir-Fry - is a stir fry flat rice noodles with chicken, vegetables, and homemade stir fry sauce. Super quick weeknight dinner you can prepare in less than 30 minutes!
What is Chow Fun?
Chow fun is an authentic Chinese noodles dish which you can easily prepare at home. This authentic Chinese chow fun recipe will give you a feeling of eating at a Chinese restaurant. While all the ingredients used in this dish are cupboard friendly and very easy to find at your local supermarket.
It is originated from Guangzhou, China and Chow Fun simply mean "Fried Rice Noodles". Chow fun/Hor fun noodles are one of the most well-known Chinese dishes. Cantonese people mostly cook these noodles with beef and they use the fresh thick rice noodles which are cut shortly in length. But Seafood or Chicken hor fun noodles are also a great substitutes for beef.
Since I love this noodles and it’s very easy to make, I cook it often at home. I use beef, chicken and seafood in turns so my family won’t get bored. Luckily, they love it every time I make it for them. In this recipe, I’ll show how to prepare chicken stir fry noodles with the easiest steps.
What goes in the dish:
- Noodles: You can use either fresh or dry rice noodles. For fresh one, you can find as “hor fun noodles” at your local Asian store. If you are using dry chow fun noodles, please follow the instruction on the pack. Make sure you don’t over boil them since they still need to be fried in the wok later.
- Vegetables: I use spring onions and beans sprout in this recipe. Chinese chives, onion, broccoli can be used if you prefer to substitute or like to add extra vegetable in it.
- Protein: I use chicken in this recipe but you can be creative by adding beef, seafood or tofu.
- Sauce: Oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice/white vinegar, sugar and water are mixed together to make sweet and savoury sauce.
How to serve this dish?
It’s best to serve stir-fry Chow Fun with fresh garlic, chilies and vinegar mix dipping sauce. Since chow fun is prepared non-spicy, you can eat it alongside with garlic and chilies for fresh kick of spice.
How To Make Rice Noodle Stir-Fry
Cut the chicken into thin slices. ( Beef and seafood goes well with this recipe too. You can check out my beef chow fun recipe in the below link. )
Mix the chicken pieces with light soy sauce and baking soda. Marinate for 10 mins, set aside.
In a small bowl mix all the ingredients in the stir fry sauce list. Set aside.
Heat the pan into medium heat and add the garlic and stir for few seconds then add the ginger slices and stir for few seconds.
Add the marinated chicken and stir fry for 1-2 mins till the chicken change into nice colour.
Add the rice noodles noodles and follow by the sauce mix. Stir well for 1 min till the sauce are soaked in the noodles.
( You can use fresh wide noodles (ho fun) or dry wide noodles for this recipe. To loosen the fresh rice noodles, you can blanch in hot boiling water or 1-2 mins, drain the water and rinse in cold water. If you are using dry flat noodles, boil the noodles per packet instructions, drain the hot water out and rinse in cold water. Please make sure not to over cook the noodles. Over boiled noodles can be mushy when you stir fry with sauce.
Stir in the bell pepper and continue stir fry for 1 min. Next add the bean sprouts and spring onions and continue stir fry with medium-high heat for 1 min.
Remove from heat and transfer to serving plate. Delicious Rice Noodle Stir Fry is ready! Serve immediately!
Watch How to Make It
If you enjoy our recipe, please leave a comment and give us a rating! If you've tried this recipe, tag me on social medias, I would love to see your creations! Follow me on social medias Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for latest updates.
- 250 g Boneless chicken thigh/breast
- 300 g Flat rice noodle (Fresh/ Boiled)
- 2 slices Ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- ½ Bell pepper red thin slices
- ½ Bell pepper green thin slices
- 3-4 Spring Onion cut 2'' pieces
- 150 g Bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Water
- Cut the chicken into thin slices. Mix the chicken pieces with light soy sauce and baking soda. Marinate for 10 mins, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients in the stir fry sauce list. Set aside.
- Heat the pan into medium heat and add the garlic and stir for a few seconds then add the ginger slices and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir fry for 1-2 mins till the chicken changes into a nice colour.
- Add the rice noodles noodles and follow with the sauce mix. Stir well for 1 min till the sauce is soaked in the noodles.
- Stir the bell pepper and continue stir fry for 1 min. Next add the bean sprouts and spring onions and continue stir fry with medium-high heat for 1 min.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Delicious Rice Noodle Stir Fry is ready!