Juicy tender beef and noodles stir fry with mix vegetables and simple stir fry sauce. So quick & to easy to prepare in 30 mins. A great stir fry dish come down to the sauce. Well balanced combinaton of dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and vinegar. It’s not too sweet on the savoury side. This sweet and savoury sauce with tender beef and egg noodle are heaven.
What goes in this dish ?
Here is the key ingredient you will need for this recipe.
- Noodles: You can use Egg noodle (Fresh or dried) known as chow mein noodle. I prefer to use fresh egg noodle that can be found at asian grocery store at refrigerated section. If fresh egg noodle is not easy accesible, you can use dried egg noodle or straight to wok pre-cooked packet.
- Vegetables: I use ready made mix vegetables ,combination of Bell pepper, cabbage, bean sprouts and onions. Feel free to use any vegetable like pak choy, baby corn, broccoli and mushroom.
- Protein: Beef steak is used in this recipe. Choosing the right cut of meat is very important otherwise you would end up with chewy, rubbery beef. Tenderloin, rib eye or good quality steak cut is ideal. It is not only quicker time to cook but also enhancing the flavour of the dish. If you don’t like red meat, substitute with chicken or seafood or Tofu.
- Sauce: Sauce is the most important part of this recipe. Sweet and savory sauce make with a combination of oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and vinegar.
How to make Stir Fried Steak noodles
Soak 120 g dry egg noodles in the hot water for 10-15 mins and drain the water out. Set aside. ( Please check your packet instructions. ) Or you can use fresh egg noodles 240 g.
Cut the beef steak into thin slices. (Suggest to use rump, sirloin or tenderloin for this quick stir fry recipe.)
Add the ingredients from the beef marinade list, mix well. Set aside and marinate for 10-15 mins.
Cut garlic and ginger into thin strips.
In a small bowl add all the stir fry sauce ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
Heat the pan into medium heat and add the garlic and stir for few seconds then add the ginger slices and stir for few seconds.
Add the marinated beef and stir fry for 1-2 mins till the beef change into nice colour.
Add the noodles and follow by the stir fry sauce mix. Stir well and cook for 1 min.
I’ve used mix of pepper, bean sprouts and cabbage stir fry vegetables mix for this recipe. You can add any of your favourite stir fry vegetables.
Add the mix vegetables and continue stir fry for 2-3 mins till all the ingredients and sauce combine well.
Then add a teaspoon of sesame oil.
Add a bit of fresh ground black pepper and stir well.
- 220 g Beef Steak (Rump/Sirloin)
- 120 g Dry egg noodles Or fresh egg noodles 240 g
- 150 g Stir fry mix vegetables
- 2 slices Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Potato/Corn starch ( flour )
- 1 tsp Sugar
Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Soak the dry egg noodles in the hot water for 10-15 mins and drain the water out. Set aside. ( Please check the packet instructions. )
- Cut the beef steak into thin slices. Mix well with the ingredients in the beef marinate list. Set aside and marinate for 10-15 mins.
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients in the sauce list. Set aside.
- Heat the pan into medium heat and add the garlic and stir for few seconds then add the ginger slices and stir for few seconds.
- Add the marinated beef and stir fry for 1-2 mins till the beef change into nice colour.
- Add the noodles and follow by the sauce mix. Stir fry for 1 min.
- Add the mix vegetables and continue stir fry for 2-3 mins till all the ingredients and sauce combine well.
- Add 1 tsp of sesame oil and 1 tsp of black pepper and stir well.
- Delicious Steak and Noodle stir fry is ready! Enjoy!
- I used straight to wok mix vegetables for quick meal in this recipe. You can add any stir fry vegetables of your choice.
- If you use fresh noodle please double the amount of dry noodle that I used in this recipe. (Dry Egg Noodle 120 g fresh noodles 240 g )