Crispy Fried Wonton Recipe with juicy chicken fillings and crispy coating. In this recipe, you will learn how to make homemade crispy wonton with very simple cupboard-friendly ingredients!
These crispy bites are super addictive and taste way better than regular takeout wontons! You can make prep-ahead and fry it just before serving. Perfect appetizer or finger food to serve at your parties, dinners, or gatherings!
Fried wonton is also one of the most popular Chinese restaurant appetizers, loved by many people across the world. You will need 3 key ingredients, chicken mince, spring onions and wonton wrapper, and very few seasonings spices.
Simple Steps How To Make Crispy Chicken Wonton:
Finely chop the spring onions and mix it with chicken mince, ginger, garlic, seasonings, and spices. Stir well to combine all ingredients evenly, until the fillings become a sticky paste.
I use chicken mince in this recipe, but you can also add prawns and make it into Crispy Prawn (Shrimp) Wonton!
How To Wrap Wonton
To wrap the wontons, place one wonton wrapper in your palm, add 1 teaspoon of fillings in the middle of the wrapper. Wet the edges of the wonton paper with water. Fold the wonton into a triangle shape, press the edges to seal it. Pull the corners of the triangle and wet one side and overlap the corners and press hard to seal it. ( Check out my step-by-step cooking video on how to make crispy wonton. )
Pre-heat oil between 330-350°F, deep fry the wontons until crispy golden brown. Remove from oil and place it into a paper towel or cooling rack first.
How To Make Chilli Dipping Sauce
To make the chilli dipping sauce, mix all the dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl.
If you love Asian appetizers, check out more of our Easy Asian Starter Recipes here :
If you enjoy our recipe, please leave a comment and give us a rating! If you've tried this recipe, tag me on social medias, I would love to see your creations! Follow me on social medias Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for latest updates.
- 200 g Chicken Mince
- 3 Spring Onion
- 20-25 Wonton wrapper/skin
- 1 tsp Garlic finely grated
- ½ tsp Ginger finely grated
- Oil for frying Vegetable/peanut/sunflower/canola
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp White pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Corn starch(flour)
- 1 tbsp Rice/white vinegar
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chilli oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- First of all finely chop the spring onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken mince, chopped spring onions, finely grated ginger, garlic , seasoning sauce and spices.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients until the fillings become sticky paste.
- To wrap the wontons, place wonton wrapper in your palm, add 1 teaspoon of fillings in the middle of the wrapper. Wet the edges of the wonton paper with water. Fold the wonton into triangle shape, press the edges to seal it. Pull the corners of triangle and wet one side and overlap the corners and press hard to seal it. ( Check out my step by step cooking video how to wrap wonton. )
- Pre-heat oil to about 350°F, deep fry the wontons until crispy golden brown.
- Drain oil and place into paper towel or cooling rack first.
- To make the chilli dipping sauce, mix all the dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer the wontons to servings plate. Serve with chilli dipping sauce or your choice of chilli dipping sauce.