The best tastiest honey garlic butter salmon recipe with a handful of simple ingredients! Do you love easy fish recipes? Finding a quick and delicious way to cook salmon? Try this family's favourite pan seared salmon with sweet, garlicky, savoury and a hint of lemon sauce.
Salmon fillets and honey butter sauce are cooked together in one pan and prep and cooking time takes less then 30 minutes. Serve up with your favourite sides or salad and make a super fast omega-rich salmon meal that all kids and adults love!
Few months ago, I've shared one of the most popular salmon fillet Japanese Teriyaki Salmon , pan-fried salmon glazed with sweet and savoury Japanese soy based sauce that many of you have enjoyed. So here is another soon to be your favourite Asian-twist salmon recipe.
As this is my son's favourite salmon salmon dish, its a frequent in our dinner rotation. If I can't think of what to cook with my salmon fillets, I make this dish.
Ingredients we need
This recipe use minimal-ingredients, basically you need only 5 key items salmon, honey, garlic, butter, and soy sauce! If you are not a zesty flavour fan, skip the lemon part.
Fish - We usually make with boneless, skinless salmon fillets for this recipe. You can swap with any of your favourite meaty boneless fish fillets like cod, haddock, pollack or seabass.
I love to season with a pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides.
If you wish to make with skin-on fillets with crispy skin, after seasoning with salt and pepper, slightly dust the skin side with plain flour pan fry the skin side down first then flip and fry another side and pour the sauce in. Do not baste the sauce over the skin until it get thicken to keep the crispy skin texture.
Soy sauce - is the staple sauce in most Asian honey soy salmon recipes, if you are not fan of soy, omit it and add a tablespoon of water instead and salt to taste.
Can you make it spicy? Add 1 teaspoon of crushed chilli flakes and a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce in the sauce mixture and make it a sweet, spicy and sticky Sweet Chilli Salmon!
How to make perfect sweet and sticky honey garlic salmon sauce
Three simple steps to make this addictive salmon sauce.
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce and lemon juice in a bowl.
- After frying salmon 2nd side for 1 minute, sauté garlic and butter until fragrant comes out.
- Pour the sauce, stir occasionally and cook until the sauce become thick and glossy.
You can add this super easy and tasty kid-friendly sauce in many different dishes. Here is more Honey Garlic Sauce Recipes on our website :
- Crispy Honey Shrimp ( Crispy fried prawns/shrimp tossed with honey garlic sauce. )
- Honey Garlic Wings ( Finger-licking good honey wing recipe! )
- Chinese Honey Lemon Chicken ( Better than take out crispy honey lemon chicken. )
- Crispy Shredded Chicken ( Viewer's favourite crispy shredded chicken with honey sauce. )
What to serve with this dish
We love to have with plain rice and salads or steamed veggies on the sides. Simply serve up with your favourite sides like, mashed potato, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, or crisp salad. Or pair with quick egg fried rice & noodles.
Keep updated with new recipe:
We are on social media Facebook, Instagram , YouTube ( New recipe video every week ) and Pinterest ( Pin your favourite recipes ). If you've tried this recipe, please share your comment or post in social medias and tag me. I would love to see your creations and feedback.
Honey Garlic Butter Salmon
- 3 fillets Salmon boneless skinless ( about 180 g/ 7oz each fillet)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper fresh ground
- 2 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp Garlic fine chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice fresh squeeze
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Spring onions chopped
- Lemon wedges
- First, season the salmon with salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides. In a small bowl mix honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and set it aside.
- Heat the pan to medium-high heat, drizzle a tablespoon of oil, then place the salmon fillets and fry for 2-3 minutes. Gently flip and fry another side for about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and chopped garlic one side of the pan sauté for another 1 minute.
- Next pour the sauce in, baste the sauce over the salmon occasionally. Let the sauce reduce and start to thick.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest, toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions. Turn off the heat and transfer to serving plate, garnish with lemon wedges, extra chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with mashed potato, steamed vegetables, rice or salad.
- Salmon frying time can be varies depend on the thickness of fillets and the pan used. But make sure not to overcook to maintain the soft and juiciness.
Ingredients you can swap or add extra
- You can swap salmon with other meaty fish fillets of cod, haddock, pollock or with seabass, etc.
- Do not need to add exact same ingredients that is used in the sauce, if you don't like soy sauce, add water instead and salt to taste.
- Fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoon can be substitute with 1 tablespoon of regular white vinegar.
- Use flat non-stick pan or skillet with medium-high heat.
How to make extra sauce?
- Simply double the amount the sauce ingredients if you like extra sauce to serve over noodles or rice.
How to make it spicy?
- Adding 1 teaspoon of chilli oil or dry red chilli flakes would bring the sauce some heat. Or add a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce and creates a salmon with sweet chilli glazed!