Easy Curry Sauce Ingredients
Homemade Curry Sauce Ingredients
1. Easy Curry Sauce
Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and add the readymade curry paste, stir for few seconds.
Pour the chicken stock or water and stir continuously with low-medium heat.
Add salt, sugar and stir well until the curry sauce become smooth and silky. Add more water if needed.
Turn off the heat and keep it warm. (Before you turn off heat, make a taste test and more salt and sugar if needed, as the readymade curry paste has different salt intake.)
2. Homemade Curry Sauce From Scratch
In a medium pot, add chicken stock, turmeric, curry powder, Chinese five spices, chilli powder, corn starch, plain flour. Add salt and sugar to taste. Whisk well to dissolve all ingredients evenly.
Turn the heat on and cook with medium-low heat, stir continuously until the sauce start to get thicken. Once the sauce starts to get thicken, turn off the heat and set aside. Keep it warm. ( Add a bit more water, if the sauce is too thick. )
To deep fry the chips, heat the vegetable oil to medium high heat about 350°F. Fry the chips from frozen until crispy golden brown. Remove from oil and transfer to paper towel.
Baking Option: Spread the chips on the baking tray, spray extra cooking oil and bake it in an oven or air fry it until crispy, or bake according to the packet instructions.
Serve the chips with curry sauce on the side. Or pour the curry sauce over the chips and serve immediately.
- Curry powder - We usually use Madras curry powder in this recipe. Feel free to use any brand of curry powder mild or hot for this recipe. You can add Chinese Mayflower curry powder if you can easily get it at your local grocery stores.
- Chinese Five Spices - is a powder mixture of cinnamon, star anise, cloves, Sichuan peppercorns, and fennel. You can find it in most Chinese/Oriental grocery stores.
- Chicken Stock - Add low sodium chicken stock Or vegetable stock to bring more umami flavour to the dish.
If you wish to add water, add 1 teaspoon of chicken powder in the curry sauce to taste exactly like you've had at the restaurants. But that is totally optional.
- Readymade curry paste - I use Goldfish curry paste in this recipe. You can use Mayflower curry paste, Chinese, or Japanese curry paste/block.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 2012mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg